Letitia Building | 66-72 S 1st St
Letitia Building | 66-72 S 1st St, San Jose
Historic executive office suites in Downtown San Jose's landmark Letitia Building, available August 2026 on a negotiable lease. This distinctive three-story Romanesque Revival structure, built in 1889 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, offers multiple lease opportunities with rates available upon request.
Located at the northeast corner of South 1st and San Fernando streets, the building retains its original architectural character through preserved wood railings, crown moldings, detailed woodwork, and elegant staircases. The property was renovated in 2000 and currently houses the Hopkins and Carley law firm. The four-story structure features 9-foot ceilings and is situated in Downtown San Jose's core, with immediate access to public transportation including metro/subway, commuter rail, and bus lines, plus proximity to the airport.
Unit amenities include 24-hour access, air conditioning, natural light, and security systems. The location provides walkable access to downtown services, dining, and transit hubs, making it well-suited for professional office tenants seeking character-filled space with modern conveniences.
- National Register of Historic Places; built 1889, renovated 2000
- Original Romanesque Revival architectural details and craftsmanship
- 9-foot ceilings; 24-hour access and security system
- Downtown location with direct access to public transit and commuter rail
- Multiple suite availability; lease terms negotiable
More property details
Space Availability
Total: 4Features & amenities
Location
The historic Letitia Building at 68 South 1st Street in Downtown San Jose is a distinctive three-story Romanesque Revival-style property dating back to 1889. Located at the northeast corner of San Fernando and First streets, the building is named after Letitia Ryland Burnett, daughter of California’s first governor, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Originally operated as a rooming house until 1922, the property was later converted into office and retail spaces and briefly served as a grape auction house before accommodating various businesses, including Hardy Shoes. Since 2000, it has been home to the Hopkins and Carley law firm. The building’s historic character has been carefully preserved through its original wood railings, crown moldings, light fixtures, detailed woodwork, and elegant staircases, showcasing exceptional craftsmanship and architectural charm.